Arc-eye, also known as welder’s flash, is an inflammation of the cornea and is a result of ultraviolet (UV) radiation released by a welding arc.
What are the symptoms of “Arc Eye”?
- Pain ranging from a mild feeling of pressure in the eyes to intense pain in severe instances.
- Tearing and reddening of the eye and membranes around the eye (bloodshot)
- Sensation of “sand in the eye”
- Abnormal sensitivity to light
- Inability to look at light sources (photo-phobia)These symptoms may not be felt until several hours after exposure.